Swimming and VBS

Just as I thought, I have already fallen behind on keeping this dang blog up to date. But in all fairness I havent heard from Matt in 19 days, so i dont really have much new to report. There have been a few more incidents with some of the soldiers in his unit, you can read about the details on the Fort Drum website if you want(www.drum.army.mil/) Just in case you dont know he is in the 3rd Brigade, 2-87 Infantry HHC Company.
I get emails periodically from our FRG(Family Readiness Group, which is basically a group for spouses which keeps us informed about what is going on with the unit). Latley there has been several emails regarding upcoming events in the North Country (Northern New York) and it reminds me of why Matt and I loved it so much. They always have so many fun events going on, especially this time of year. It almost makes me wish i was still there, and gets me even more excited for when we get to go back!
This past week I have been helping with Vacation Bible School at Cornerstone doing preschool and kindergarden crafts with Jacque. It has been so much fun getting to know the kids and especially watching them sing praise songs! Yesterday afternoon Mandi went swimming with the McCunes and I tagged along and got some cute pictures of mandi and her very best friend Shantell, i just had to share them they were so adorable!





Im off this evening to Spokane and leaving in the morning for a summer road trip to Denver with some friends for a wedding! Promise to update with hopefully some great pictures of the city and our drive! And of course if I hear from Matt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment